Comparing Office & PDF Documents
DeltaWalker is capable of extracting and comparing the text content of iWork, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, PDF and RTF documents. When loading such files, either via drag and drop or using the file selectors, DeltaWalker will strip away their formatting and work only with their text contents. Almost always this is the type of comparison one expect to see when comparing documents.
DeltaWalker can extract text from the document/application formats:
- Microsoft Word 97 and later (.doc and .docx)
- Microsoft Excel 97 and later (.xls and .xlsx)
- PowerPoint 97 and later (.ppt)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- HTML files (.htm and .html)
Text paragraphs in such documents are often long in which case you can either:
- Turn on Wrap Long Lines by going to DeltaWalker > Preferences > Comparing Text Files > Display preference page or from the Comparison Settings dropdown menu on the main toolbar.
- Break long paragraphs at word boundaries: DeltaWalker > Preferences >Comparing Text Files preference page.
Once extracted, the text cannot be saved back to its original file, however you can easily save it as plain text.
Text from Word document tables is not extracted.